Success with short narratives? That’s our current goal. We’ve found Lester Dent’s Plot Formula.
We’re creatives, so we can adapt the formula to fit our genre needs. We know the four parts of the 4 movements. We’re writing fiction / poetry / non-fiction. What’s next?
The details, man. It’s all in the details … of the narrative.
- 1:05 Opening
- 1:52 Check-in
- 2:55 Lester Dent’s Plot Formula
- 7:21 Coincidence is a No-No
- 8:04 Garth Brooks’ “The Thunder Rolls” with the Formula
- 15:08 Riddling: a Tricky method to end any story
- 15:53 Closing / Next Week
- 16:28 Inspiration / Joyce Cary
Garth Brooks’ “The Thunder Rolls” https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/garthbrooks/thethunderrolls.html